Monday, February 2, 2009

Michelle Who?

I just got an e-mail from my friend in the states. She said a few kids had spent the night and had attended a ball that her son and Michelle also attended. So I was racking my brain trying to remember how old her son is. I thought he was too young to have a prom or a ball much less a girlfriend. But apparantly he has attended a ball with someone named Michelle.
I won't tell you how long it took me to slap my forehead and say DUH outloud. Michelle. THE Michelle. As in First Lady Michelle. White gown with feathers Michelle. Apparently when you live so close to the Whitehouse Michelle is spoken of like she is the girl next door. A household name, familure, "per du" if you will.
My God, am I living in a cave?
No, just Germany, still that's no excuse.

No comments: