Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Old McGaiser had a farm E-I-E-I-O


My pig is 99% ready. I don’t know what happens when he is a full 100%. Will he be sent off to market Jiggedy-Jig? When my rabbit was 100% I shaved it for it’s angora. But pigs don’t have fur - pigs have bacon. It’s all quite exciting. OH! My pig just oinked - I’ll be right back…False alarm, he’s still at 99%.
Two of my horses are at 58%, and one is at 20%. I haven’t had them long, so I don’t think they will have to go to the Elmer’s Spa when they are 100%.
After spending 10,000 on a dairy farm I realized I didn’t have any cows. An embarrassing oversight I must admit. But my son Patrick helps out around the farm, and was able to get me not one, but TWO cows. This in turn gave me more fertilizer for my crops. Let’s be honest - Soybeans can never have enough fertilizer.
I know, I know, soybeans. It sounds so… well, nerdy. But after spending a full fifteen minutes in the seed department of the market I concluded soybeans would give me the highest yield, and two XP’s per field planted.
I am going to get a little crazy today and plant Super Pumpkins. I can only sell them for 3.6% of what I paid for the seeds verses 4.2% that I am getting for the soybeans, and I am only getting one XP per field but I just LOVE GIANT PUMPKINS. Reckless, I know, but all work and no play makes Liz a dull girl.
Excuse me while I check on my pig. Pig (as I so fondly call him) now has a pink candy-corn thingy above his head. TRUFFELS! Pig has collected truffles, and I have collected coins! I didn’t know pig would be so talented. Now I feel absolutely awful letting Patrick pen up all my animals. Not only did he pen them up, he told them to STAY. Are the not all god’s creatures? Do they not have the right to roam about the farm as they please?
FREE RANGE FOR FARMVILLE ANIMALS! (and while I’m at it, range free - lest Pig ends up on the breakfast table…)
I am starting a Facebook Cause. You can’t force the animals to stand in one spot day after grueling day. Rotate them for cryin’ out loud!
I am off to take down my whitewash fence. A waist of three hundred gold coins per fence, but maybe I can use them to decorate.
OH! Mystery gifts! Now I really have to go. Remember, Free your Farmville Animals!

2 comments:

Twintensity said...

Dare I suggest you get out more?! Ah, heck, its January in Germany, there ain't nowhere to go! Stay with your facebook farm. Really cute piece though - how about posting it on your facebook page and seeing where it goes? And on Karenne's - and me and Claire. I'll spread it around - the word, YOUR words, and the rest of it too!Seriously- I know a lot of people who will TOTALLY relate to this!

Jim Martin said...

There was an article in today's Nachrichten about this game. It said that - as with any other fb app - your information is sent to the makers of the game. Vorsicht!